Monday 23 January 2012

Rossin Verandalux 1985 Team








Kuiper, Bogaert, van Vliet, Verlinden, de Beule, Demol, Jacobs, Luyten... the van Houwelingen brothers. My team frame was NOS bought in 1986 from Mike Perry from Weilersport, in Sussex, UK. It's a 56cm Columbus frame, it has an old stock Campagnolo pantographed seat pin. It has a metal race number tab on the underside of the top tube. I have never seen another like it, as most Rossins i see via the web don't have this. It's all Campagnolo, and all Italian except for the Look pedals and Conti tyres. I remember seeing a guy on the train on my way home home school with an amazing red Rossin, this memory stands out still, even from 1985, as he looked like Neil from The Young Ones (same long hair and sweatshirt-look) but his Rossin had chromed lugs which stood out against the bright red paint on the frame.

2 comments:

  1. I bought a frame second hand the same as that from a rider who ccame back from racing in Belgium in 1986ish. I think it was Jerry Dove who lived near chichester in West Sussex.

    The thing that stood out was the Rossin Red with full chrome forks (Stamped at the crown) and the 1/2 chrome rear stays with stamped BB and Rossin logos on the bridge for the brakes and the top of the rear stays with the rossin name.

    I think it campag dropouts with sprung loaded adjusters. I had mine in 21.5" at the time.

    I really want to get another to hang on the wall .

    ReplyDelete
  2. great to hear you also have a locally sourced Rossin too, mine is from the exact same area of West Sussex, and was also sourced from Belgium. The details about the frame you mention are the same as mine, although i always wished i could have afforded the silver Rossin track frameset that Weilersport had at the same time i got mine. I still have never seen another Rossin in silver

    ReplyDelete