Monday 13 February 2012

Scintilla SA/ AG "X" 3UB 3 speed gear hub, Swiss-made Sturmey Archer-style?








Well, I happened upon this lovely piece of NOS, it's a Scintilla 3UB 3 speed hub gear, it has "X", could that be Brand X? It has "Scintilla SA" and "Suisse" stamped into the hub body, it's 36 spoke hub, all complete in it's original box, all fixings, cables and levers, with instructions in German and French. I know nothing about how old it could be too. A bit of searching has found absolutely nothing about this Swiss manufacturers bicycle hub gears, so, if anyone knows anything about them, please let me know? Even old Sheldon Brown and Classic Lightweights don't mention anything about them!

4 comments:

  1. Hi. Did you find anything about this? I have found a bike that uses this hub but cannot find anything about the bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    I was looking on internet because I bought an old tandem with a combination of this hub gear and a derailleur of Cyclo (3-speed).
    I wonder if you could explain me how to remove the chainwheel without removing the whole innerpart.
    (Note: the Scintilla I have, is a combination hubgear-drumbrake)
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ik ben op Zoek naar zo'n naaf als deze
    Is ze te koop mvg Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is deze naaf te koop mijn mail is balder1974@hotmail.com
      Alvast bedankt

      Delete